Find Out More...
Contact H&P for information about using our Mobile Laboratory Services for environmental sampling of soil, groundwater, soil vapor and/or air. Contact Us
With a fleet of nine mobile laboratories, H&P Mobile GeoChemistry, Inc. operates one of the largest fleets of EPA and CA State certified mobile labs in the country. H&P is nationally recognized for its mobile lab capabilities, specializing in soil, water, and soil vapor analysis using Gas Chromatography (GC) and GC/Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS) MASSLAB® techniques. The laboratories are certified for a variety of tests such as EPA 8260B, EPA TO-15, and CA LUFT/8015m. Many of the labs can also analyze for Methane and Fixed Gases on-site, aiding in vapor intrusion assessment. Handheld meters for the analysis of Methane, Fixed Gases, H2S, and Helium are also available.
H&P has been successfully performing on-site sampling and analysis in the United States for over 20 years. See below to find out how we can help you with your next project!
Soil and Groundwater Mobile Lab Options
Tank Pulls, Excavation Assessment, Plume Delineation, Drill-to-Clean Projects, etc.
- Fuels Analysis: CA LUFT/8015m for TPH gas, diesel, extended range hydrocarbons (TPH G/D/O). Also, EPA 418.1 for Total Recoverable Petroleum Hydrocarbons (TRPH).
- VOC Analysis: EPA 8260B with CA LUFT for VOCs, Oxygenates, and TPH gas. 5035 prep capabilities.
Soil Vapor and Air Mobile Lab Options
Vapor Intrusion, Soil Vapor Surveys, Indoor Air Analysis, Sub-slab Sampling
- VOC Analysis: EPA 8260B VOCs, Oxygenates, and CA LUFT for TPH gas
- Low Level VOC Analysis: EPA TO-15 VOCs and CA LUFT for TPH gas
- APH Aliphatic/Aromatic Analysis: The TO-15 mobile labs can analyze for various carbon ranges associated with Air-phase Petroleum Hydrocarbons (DTSC, Massachusetts APH)
- Fixed Gases and Methane: ASTM1945-96 and CA LUFT/8015m
- Methane Surveys: CA LUFT/8015m, LADBS Certified
- Tracer Gas: Analysis of various leak check compounds (1,1-DFA, IPA, Helium, etc)
Click here to see a list of the certificates held by both our fixed lab and our mobile labs.
Benefits Of On-Site Analysis
The chemists operating the H&P Mobile Labs are highly trained and experienced in the field and take pride in the ability to deliver fast and accurate data to the clients on-site. As a small business, H&P is able to tailor a mobile lab to fit your specific project goals by customizing the analyte list, achieving particular reporting limits, and providing Level III/IV QA/QC data reports.
On-Site Soil Vapor Analysis
- Purge Volume Testing: Mobile labs can be used to conduct regulatory recommended purge volume tests to provide results that are most representative of subsurface conditions.
- Leak Check Compound: The mobile labs can analyze for the leak check compound on-site, allowing immediate confirmation of sample validity and/or re-sampling as necessary.
- Field Decisions: Ability to change step-out locations based on the data, resulting in money saving, real time decisions.
- Timeliness: Quick sampling procedures with on-site analysis reduce disruption of business operations for active sites and minimal time spent within homes if sampling residentially.
- Sample Volume: Smaller samples volumes (50 cc) for soil gas and sub-slab samples preferred by many regulatory agencies.
- Cost: Mobile labs are often more cost effective when compared to the rental of summa canisters and off-site analysis.
- Regulations: The H&P staff is trained to follow the protocols of the EPA Region 9, California Department of Toxic Substance Control (DTSC), Los Angeles Regional Water Quality Control Board (LARWQCB), San Diego (SAM) Guidelines and many others utilizing EPA Method 8260B and EPA Method TO-15, modified for soil gas surveys.
- Mobile Lab data reports support risk assessments involving vapor intrusion.
On-Site Soil and Groundwater Analysis
- Very useful for drill-to-clean projects that require immediate data results.
- On-site analysis eliminates the need and expense of Encore-type samplers and/or vial preservation. You simply hand us the sleeve or jar as you are accustomed to doing and leave the rest to us.
- Our high throughput TPH method is the fastest most accurate method available to map out hydrocarbon spill sites.
- For most projects where many samples are expected, our TPH Mobile Lab is not only the fastest method for analysis but can also be cheaper then shipping the samples to a fixed based lab.
- Save time and money on excavation projects and be confident you are not wasting money removing clean soil.
Soil Vapor Surveys and Vapor Intrusion
In conjunction with our direct push services and/or vapor sampling technicians, H&P can be a one-stop shop for your next soil vapor survey. The H&P crews work as a team to be as efficient as possible. You will not get charged for extra time on-site from the lab if the drill rig has a breakdown, and vice versa.
H&P employs a state-of-the-art data management Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) can provide our clients with preliminary reports literally within minutes after the data has been obtained from the environmental mobile labs in the field. We send finalized and reviewed final reports by e-mail to project managers and field workers in a variety of report formats. Our LIMS also delivers electronic data deliverables (EDD) in many forms of output.
- On-site real time reporting of mobile lab Soil Gas Survey results from our dedicated Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- E-mail of preliminary data from the mobile labs direct from the site to anywhere in the world in *.pdf or *.xls format.
- Many formats of electronic data available, including GEOTRACKER EDF