Fixed Base Laboratory
Find Out More...
Contact H&P for information about Fixed Base Laboratory Services for environmental sampling of soil, groundwater, soil vapor and/or air. Contact Us
H&P Fixed Base Lab (Carlsbad, CA)
With a team of skilled chemists and project management staff knowledgeable about soil vapor sampling and analysis, H&P Mobile GeoChemistry, Inc has developed a client base of consultants across the nation and in several other countries such as Mexico and Brazil. The H&P fixed base lab is certified for a variety of tests such as EPA 8260B, EPA TO-15, and CA LUFT/8015m. From one summa canister, H&P can also analyze for Methane, Fixed Gases, and Helium.
H&P can reach extremely low level reporting limits for VOCs using the volume of a 400mL summa canister. The canisters can be rented as batch certified or individually certified upon request. H&P typically provides pre-calibrated flow restrictors that are designed to collect soil gas samples at a rate of 150mL/minute, in accordance with various soil gas sampling guidance documents. Options for faster or slower flow rates are also available. Remember, when soil gas sampling, it is the FLOW RATE that matters, not the duration of the sampling period.
Indoor Air canisters and flow regulators are also available from H&P for use in collecting indoor and ambient air data to augment sub-slab and soil gas surveys. H&P can provide either 1L or 6L canisters with time-weighted flow regulators for 8hr or 24hr sampling periods.
H&P employs several certified methods for soil vapor and air analysis. The H&P project management team will work with you to discuss your project goals and help determine the most appropriate and cost effective analytical option for your vapor intrusion project.
- Standard VOC Analysis: EPA 8260B VOCs, Oxygenates, and CA LUFT for TPH gas
- Low Level VOC Analysis: EPA TO-15 VOCs and CA LUFT for TPH gas
- APH Aliphatic/Aromatic Analysis: The TO-15 mobile labs can analyze for various carbon ranges associated with Air-phase Petroleum Hydrocarbons (DTSC, Massachusetts APH)
- Fixed Gases and Methane: ASTM1945-96 and CA LUFT/8015m
- Tracer Gas: Analysis of various leak check compounds (1,1-DFA, IPA, Helium, etc)
Soil and Groundwater
For our local clients, H&P strives to provide exceptional service for various groundwater monitoring projects and soil assessments.
- Fuels Analysis: CA LUFT/8015m for TPH gas, diesel, extended range hydrocarbons (TPH G/D/O). Also, EPA 418.1 for Total Recoverable Petroleum Hydrocarbons (TRPH)
- VOC Analysis: EPA 8260B with CA LUFT for VOCs, Oxygenates, and TPH gas
- H&P proudly subcontracts various tests that are not performed at the H&P lab to Calscience Environmental Laboratories in Garden Grove, CA (metals, PCBs, etc)
Click here to see a list of the certificates held by both our fixed lab and our mobile labs.
H&P uses a state-of-the-art data management program referred to as Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) to provide our clients with preliminary and final reports in a quick and efficient manner. Finalized and reviewed final reports are sent in PDF format by e-mail to client project managers. The LIMS also delivers electronic data deliverables(EDD) in many different forms, such as GEOTRACKER EDF, EQUIS EDD etc.